Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Stop attacking us and start listening to us: Autistic adults

Dallas Brogden writes Stop attacking us and start listening to us: Autistic adults at Fire Bright Star Soul

Trigger Warning:  Discussion of bullying, both of autistic children and online harassment of autistic adults by non-autistic parents of autistic children.


Stop attacking us and start listening to us:  Autistic adults


I don’t even know how to caption this, or preface it. So I will do what I always do, sit down, close my eyes, and start typing.

When you say you’re an “autism warrior mom” I wonder if you have Autism. I hope so because then I know you’ll understand first-hand what it means to fight our fight.

“But that doesn’t mean I can’t advocate for my child” you say. Well, and good. Duly noted. But you, as a neurotypical, can only go so far. You can take that battle only to the level of YOUR understanding, not ours.

Read the full post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open discussion is encouraged, but posts judged to be bullying or using inappropriate languages may be deleted. Please exercise good judgment when commenting. Comments will be moderated.